National Digital Switchover week
NATIONAL DIGITAL SWITCHOVER WEEK SEPT 17-23
The Department of Communications, Energy and National Resources are planning a ‘National Digital Switchover Week’ starting Monday 17th September. People who still need to make the switch to digital TV will be urged to do so in advance of October 24th, and not to leave it to the last minute.
The Department is planning the following activity during the week:
- Minister Pat Rabbitte will launch the event to the media. He and Gay Byrne will get a lot of exposure in the press and on TV and radio during the week, urging people to make the switch.
- A new ad featuring Gay Byrne will be aired on national and local radio highlighting the week.
- The Digital Switchover ad featuring Gay Byrne will run throughout the week on TV.
- The national network of ‘Digital Champions’ who are working with agencies representing vulnerable groups will run local events all around the country.
- The Digital Champions will also promote Digital Switchover in their local shopping centres and at various other public forums.
See the Government site goingdigital