Reception on a PC or Laptop.
You need a suitable Digital Tuner and MPEG4 codec installed. Not all PCs/Laptops and few Netbooks/tablets are suitable.
We recommend USB sticks with Dual Tuners and a regular aerial socket. Many USB sticks have a minature connector that is difficult to adapt to a normal cable or aerial connector.
- Unless a Netbook has Nvidia Ion or similar, it can’t do the video.
- Ensure the Card or USB stick has “BDA Drivers” for 32bit and 64bit. It should then work will all versions of XP, 2003 server, Vista, Windows 7 and 2008 server. Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4.0 and 2000 are not suitable.
- Windows 7 Media Center supports the MHEG5 Interactive
- If you don’t have Windows 7 Media Center, then pick a USB stick that has “Total Media 3.5” included in the price.
- Recommended solution for XP, Vista and Windows 7 is DVBviewer with MHEG5 plugin,
Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu):
- Read the Linux TV sites BEFORE buying a card or Stick.
- Supplied drivers are no use. Linux either has the drivers via “DVBapps” , or the device won’t work.
- Test with “Me TV” before attempting “Myth TV”
Apple Mac OS X
- Elgato USB stick and the Elgato software. (we do not endorse this product but note that almost no products support OS X, it is listed as an example)
In all cases the supplied aerial rod only works where the signal is very good. The same aerial as Set-box or TV would need in your location is needed. In almost all cases the picture quality will be poorer than a real TV set (Integrated Tuner or external Set-Box)